This workshop is specifically tailored to Senior Biology (Grade 11 & 12).
It is designed to prepare students for a smoother transition to the 4 units of the National Biology General Senior Syllabus as reported by the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
By the end of the week, you’ll be more prepared for Senior Biology. You’ll be able to start to develop a tool kit of skills to help you succeed, and some fundamental introduction to biology knowledge necessary to understand Senior Biology.
This introductory course, is taught by an Academic with more than 20 years experience teaching biology to students studying human health course such as nursing, paramedicine, midwifery, physio, speech path, occupational therapy…..
Workshop dates available:
- 11th – 15th January, 2021
Who should come to this Biol Bootcamp?
- Any high school student wanting a head start for senior biology
What will I learn at Biol Bootcamp?
- Surviving Science
- What, where, when?
- What Senior Biology entails
- “Don’t get it?!” – The language
Human biology – Necessary Basics
- Cells – and some really important bits inside that make them work
- Multicellular organisms – aka things of many cells
- Homeostasis – Let’s get balanced
- Infectious disease – Nasty little things
- Biodiversity – Cool to be different
- Ecosystems – How things fit together
- DNA… – And all that jazz
- Continuity of life on Earth – Things may come & things may go
How is this Biol Bootcamp different?
- We use activities, games and fun techniques to understand the content.
- It’s not all about memorising facts! It’s about understanding…. Then memory follows without effort.
In 15 hours (5 days X 3 hours/day – for 1 week) you’ll be so much more prepared than you thought you could ever be!